POLICIES & PROCEDURES
This document was created to inform parents/guardians about their child’s experience at our studio. Our goal is to give your child a quality dance education that also builds confidence, develops social skills, and creates memories to last a lifetime!
- Costume payments are due at registration. This fee is refundable if you drop the class before October 31st.
- Student’s accounts must be current for costumes to be ordered, if not, you will be responsible for any express shipping charges, if applicable, to get the costumes here in time for pictures/recital. (applies only to monthly payment accounts)
- If your account has fallen delinquent when costumes arrive, the costumes will not be given out to your student until your balance is current. (applies only to monthly payment accounts)
- Alterations & cost of are the responsibility of the parent. Costumes cannot be reordered if they do not fit correctly. Parents are instructed on proper costume measurement – of course, we are happy to assist! Costumes come in only 3 sizes – small, medium and large – children do not. We can refer you to a shop for alterations if they are necessary.
Tuition is set by a number of classes during the season, not per month. There are two payment plans for your convenience:
1. Pay in Full
2. Monthly Autopay Option
MONTHLY AUTOPAY INFO
- If on the Monthly Autopay Plan, your acount will be debited on the 1st of each month from October-May
- Declined payments will incur a $10 fee. The charges will accrue each month fees are not paid
- Payments by check or cash can be made prior to the 1st of each month
- A student who falls more than 3 payments behind will not be permitted back to class until the account is made current
- You may not register for new classes with a delinquent account
If on the One Time Payment Plan, your account is paid in full at the time of registration
THE ROLE OF THE PARENT
We ask that all parents play a supportive & positive role in their child’s dance education. In order to make this happen, we ask the following:
- Parents are asked to remain outside of the studio during class time. Classtime is for students to learn & connect with their teacher
- The studio director has the final decision regarding costumes, routines, placement in different class levels, competitions, etc. We are available to set up a meeting and discuss any concerns you may have.
- The 5 minute rule – Drop off 5 minutes before class & pick up 5 minutes after. Teachers are planning their next class, and cannot watch over kids in the lobby for extended times. We understand that life happens sometimes, and are happy to help in those “one time” situations 😉 Please contact us ASAP so that we may help!
- If there is a question or issue, please do not interrupt classes to have this resolved. We have office hours and can also be reached by email, text and phone. This way we can focus on the students learning during their time at the studio!
Recital fees, and any unused tuition are refundable through October 31. If your student does not wish to continue in our programs, simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of the rest – easy!
CHANGE OF CLASSES
Students may be required to change classes due to size of class or ability of student.
CLASS DRESS CODE
- Students are more comfortable, and feel as a part of the studio when they come to class dressed for dance & movement. This means a leotard & tights for girls, black pants/short and white shirt for boys, and the correct footwear. Check class dress codes for specific class requirements.
- Hair MUST be secured away from the face in a ponytail or bun. If hair is too short for a ponytail or bun then it must be out of the students face (barrette or headband holding bangs away if necessary).
- No jewelry
- Keeping students safe and protected is our number one priority. If there is a day when your student is not in proper dress code, they may be asked to observe for that day
All students have the same opportunity to learn, and therefore, there is no time for negative behavior in the classroom. Students should be respectful of everyone in the stuido, including teachers, staff & classmates.
Parents, please help your younger students have the best experience by using the bathroom before class. Interruptions during class are tough on all the students 😉
BAD / INCLEMENT WEATHER
If school is cancelled, in Hibbing, due to weather, there are also NO classes at the SDS. Also, one weather-related cancellation is allowed per year at the discretion of the teacher without rescheduling. Lesson fees will be required in full.
CANCELLATION OF CLASSES
Classes are subject to cancellation & rescheduling per the instructor for reasons such as but not limited to illness, family emergency, deaths etc. The rescheduling of class may/may not be on the normally scheduled day, payments are still required in full.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Use of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, blogging, and other online social-media vehicles is commonplace. This policy is intended to provide Stephanie’s Dance Shoppe students and parents with guidelines to eliminate any confusion concerning the use of social media.
- You do not have permission to reveal any information that compromises Stephanie’s Dance Shoppe. By that we mean you are not to share personal information about the director, teachers, office staff, other students or their families, or anything that is proprietary and/or confidential to them or Stephanie’s Dance Shoppe.
- Students and parents should neither claim nor imply that they are speaking on behalf of Stephanie’s Dance Shoppe
- Please do not post anything that could compromise the self-esteem of students who attend Stephanie’s Dance Shoppe
- If you post videos of class or rehearsals, don’t post any choreography in its entirety; Stephanie’s Dance Shoppe owns the copyright to all choreography taught at the school
Respect the law, including those laws governing defamation, discrimination, harassment, and copyright and fair use.
As stated in our parent handbook, parents and students should never post negative comments about other schools or teachers. Also, please do not post negative comments about school activities such as competitions, conventions, & performances or about the directors of those events. Ensure that your social networking conduct is consistent with all of the policies contained in the handbook.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Stephanie’s Dance Shoppe & all employees will not be held liable in the event of an injury or illness. Every attempt will be made to contact a parent/guardian in an emergency situation. Instructors & staff reserve the right to call emergency medical services & request treatment. Parents are responsible for all costs incurred in the event of an emergency.